The Institute has established the Centre for International Networking, to strengthen and formalize networking with major international and national institutions. Its objective is to institutionalize existing collaborations and forge new partnerships, with a view to jointly organizing and conducting training and research projects.
The most prominent of these partnerships are:
- Korea Labour Institute, South Korea, with V.V. Giri National Labour Institute as a partnering institution, for the research project “Unemployment Insurance in Asia”.
- Korea Labour Institute, South Korea, jointly with V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, organized a seminar on Industrial Relations and Minimum Wages in Korea and India, during December 8-10, 2011 at Seoul.
- MoU for professional collaboration with National Institute for Labour Studies, Sri Lanka.
- MoU in the works, with International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization, Turin.
- Collaboration with ILO on Developing Training Manuals on Child Labour and Strengthening Enforcement System on Child Labour.
- Collaboration with UN Women on Migration of Women Workers for Overseas Employment.
- Collaboration with Indian Council of Overseas Employment , Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (ICOE).
- Collaboration with Sikkim University, Gangtok.
- Collaboration with Department of Modern Indian Studies, University of Gottingen, Germany, and IGK Work and Human Lifecycle in Global History, Humboldt University, Germany, for organizing a Summer Academy on Global Labour History, during October 1-9, 2011.